Thursday, December 1, 2011

Counting Down...

December 1.  Today.  Really?  So begins a big month in our house.  Your house too, I suppose.  

I don't know about you but I try to be very intentional about our family activities during December.  For the last few years we've had a special fun activity for each day of the month.  An attempt to create some family traditions, I think.  An attempt to weave in the reason we celebrate Christmas.  

I also have a big birthday this month.  I'd like to say that it doesn't bother me to turn... this number.  But I'd be lying.  It's not the number really.  It's all that it represents to me.  Okay, maybe it is the number, too.  A little.

So... today I figured, "Why not add another task to the ever-growing To Do List?"   Why not document this season?  To share.  To process.  To etch in stone.  Here's hoping that I'll be able to maintain this for the next month, at least....

It snowed today.  Not a lot but it did snow all day.  This kept me from going to the grocery store as I had planned.  So I spent the morning making a delicious pumpkin pie baked oatmeal.  And I planned out our dinners for the week.  And I took E outside to play while I shoveled the driveway.  


Tonight we started our Advent activities, too.  I purchased a great ebook this year.  Truth in the Tinsel.  I'm excited to share this with both B and E.  Here's a glimpse at day 1 ~ candle.


No comments:

Post a Comment